Saturday, February 21, 2009


Poor Jace got his first injury that required a trip to the doctor. Jace got nurse maid elbow which is a dislocation. He was playing with daddy and his elbow popped. Daddy feels horrible that it happened, but it was a total accident. I took Jace to the doctor and he popped it back into place and said that it is so common with children of this age for it to happen to just have to keep that in mind and be careful so that is doesnt happen again. My poor little man was in so much pain he passed out on the couch until we could go to the doctor. (that never happens my son does not just fall asleep on the couch or anywhere for that matter, thats how mommy new something was wrong). But once the doc popped it back into place you would have never known that he was hurt. It was like nothing ever happened. No Pain, using it like normal, running around playing. Mommy and Daddy were very happy that is was not anything serious. And just so you all know, if you dont know anything about nurse maid elbow you cant tell anything is wrong, he had no swelling no color change, I could move his elbow and his arm. The only thing that led me to believe anything was wrong was that he was crying(only when you moved it) and babying his arm. After talking to auntie ambers she suggested that is what it was and that he should go to the doctor. I always call nurse auntie ambers if im not sure. I am a hypo and so is daddy and nurse auntie ambers helps level that out when i have questions. She usually tells me i am a weird freaky hypo lol but always helps with my questions. I would not have known anything about nurse maid elbow if it was for auntie ambers. Thank you....

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I am glad that little man is okay and that is all it was. It breaks my heart to see the picture of him on the couch. I am either super emotional or super worn out one of the two, I am totally crying right now! Glad that my little man is doing good and back to himself :0

    ReplyDelete